Date(s) - Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - Friday, May 19, 2017
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
The II Hemispheric Conference on Inland Ports, Waterways, and Dredging: Inland Transport as an Engine for Competitiveness will take place on May 17-19, 2017, in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and provides an international platform for public-private dialogue on strategic actions and efficient logistics operations through waterways and their inland ports. Industry experts will discuss the economic and environmental benefits of sustainable dredging for the development of the Western Hemisphere port sector.
The event will focus on the key aspects of inland transport, as well as efficient inland port operations and infrastructure, all in the context of increased competitiveness. Decision-makers from public entities, industry experts, and representatives from the private sector will present successful practices in dredging, navigation, and inland transport, which will address the following topics:
- Facilitation of intra-regional trade through waterways
- Inland ports as catalysts for efficient waterway logistics
- The benefits of multimodal transportation
- Inland transport safety and security
- The competitive benefits of environmentally sustainable dredging.
LINKS OF INTEREST