Date(s) - Monday, April 1, 2019 - Wednesday, April 3, 2019
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Ciudad de Panamá
The IV Hemispheric Conference on Competitiveness, Innovation, and Logistics: Technology at the Service of the Value Chain and the I Latin American Meeting of the International Association of Ports and Harbors will provide an international platform for public-private dialogue on how technology contributes to the global supply chain with increased efficiency, innovative port operations and a holistic vision that promotes increased competitiveness in the region.
Organized by the Panama Maritime Authority (AMP) and the Secretariat of the Inter-American Committee on Ports (S/CIP) of the Organization of American States (OAS) in collaboration with the International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH), the Conference will focus on the key aspects of port automation and digitalization, technology for efficient logistics, regional connectivity, among others, all in line with the development of a competitive, secure, and sustainable port sector. Decision-makers from public and private entities will present successful practices on the following topics:
• Comprehensive Port Management: Innovation, logistics and competitiveness;
• Regional Connectivity as Economic Impulse;
• Multimodal Transport: Challenges and Opportunities in the Supply Value Chain;
• Automation and digitalization in Ports: Hemispheric Trends;
• Smart Ports and Technological Innovation .
Formal invitations will be sent shortly.