Welcome to the Scholarship and Training Program of the Secretariat of the Inter-American Committee on Ports (S/CIP)!
Committed to the development of a competitive, sustainable, inclusive and secure port and maritime sector in the Americas through strengthening human capacities in institutions, the S/CIP offers the possibility of obtaining a scholarships for certified professional development courses including topics such as:
- Container terminals;
- Foreign Trade;
- Intermodal transportation;
- Legislation and Port Concessions
- Port competitiveness and logistics;
- Port digitalization and modernization;
- Port operations and management;
- Port security and safety;
- Port technology and operations;
- Sustainable port operations and environmental protection;
- Women in port management; among others.
The S/CIP partners with key leaders in the industry to develop specialized and state of the art programs that provide participants with an international perspective on real life challenges and strategic actions to promote efficient, sustainable, secure and inclusive port operations.
Using the most advanced methodologies and techniques, including field trips and online platforms, the courses and seminars offer participants the opportunity to exchange best practices with top port officials and achieve an effective knowledge transfer.
Thanks to our partners, particularly the National Port Authority of Peru, we have been able to increase the number of scholarships by 410%; from 79 in 2015 to 403 in 2020, which were awarded to port officers from 32 Member Countries, with a value of USD$506,550. Significantly, during the first half of 2021, scholarships for 17 certified professional courses have been awarded to port personnel from 26 Member Countries, with a value of USD$419,200. By December 2021, we expect to offer 6 more courses.
We welcome CIP Members, Associate Members, and Strategic Partners to apply to the scholarships and participate in the courses and seminars available.
January 2021 - July 2021
CIP Awarded Scholarships
CIP Scholarship and Training Program Partners
Thanks to the support of the National Port Authority (APN) of Peru, and by invitation only, the National Port Authorities of the CIP’s 35 Member Countries have access to on-line courses on priority topics such as container terminal management, port infrastructure, and social responsibility of security, among others. The courses are designed for public port officers and are graciously offered on the APN’s virtual campus.
Past Online courses:
- Course on a Socially Responsible Approach
- Course on Port Social Responsibility
- Course on Port Infrastructure in collaboration with the National Port Authority (APN) of Peru
- Course on Container Terminal Performance Indicators