Tuesday, May 19 | 12:00 EST
The Secretariat of the Inter-American Committee on Ports (S / CIP) in the context of its Scholarships and Training program and in collaboration with its strategic partner, Fundación ValenciaPort (FV) of Spain, dedicated to strengthening the technical capabilities of its port officials and Offering tangible solutions to new challenges, they are pleased to announce a new series of Webinars that will address issues of relevance to the maritime-port sector in the Americas.
The Webinars will be offered through the Valenciaport Foundation Virtual Classroom as follows:
- Smart ports and new technologies: The port of the future (Tuesday, May 19);
- Economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the port sector (Tuesday, June 2)
- Multimodality and competitiveness for trade facilitation (Tuesday, June 16);
- Security protocols and cyber security in Ports; (Tuesday, July 7)NOTES: The Webinars will last 45 minutes and will take place at 12 noon. Washington DC time, GMT-5; 10.00hrs. in central America; 11.00 hrs. in Mexico and Colombia: 1:00 p.m. in Argentina, etc.)
The planned dates may change and will be confirmed by the organization one week in advance. There is a limit of 200 participants in the Webinar that will be completed in strict order of registration.
In the first Webinar in this series:
INTELLIGENT PORTS and NEW TECHNOLOGIES: THE PORT OF THE FUTURE
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. in Washington, D.C. (10:00 am Central America, 11:00 am Mexico, 13:00 hrs Uruguay, 18:00 hrs Spain).
- The Engineer Miguel Garín, Director of International Development of the Valenciaport Foundation, will offer an overview of the key aspects of port modernization, both at a general level and in the region, and will develop the necessary strategic actions to keep ports on their way to becoming in a smart port.
- The Webinar will be moderated from Washington DC by Jorge Durán, Chief of the S / CIP, offering a hemispheric point of view.
Hoping to count on your valuable participation and eager to start this enriching professional exchange initiative, the S / CIP will be announcing the following Webinars in this series one week in advance.