Welcome to the Scholarship and Training Program of the Secretariat of the Inter-American Committee on Ports (S/CIP)!
Committed to the development of a competitive, sustainable, inclusive and secure port and maritime sector in the Americas through strengthening human capacities in institutions, the S/CIP offers the possibility of obtaining a scholarships for certified professional development courses including topics such as:
- Port competitiveness and logistics;
- Port operations and management;
- Port security and safety;
- Port technology, operations and environmental management;
- Intermodal transportation;
- Women in port management
- Container terminals; among others.
The S/CIP partners with key leaders in the industry to develop specialized and state of the art programs that provide participants with an international perspective on real life challenges and strategic actions to promote efficient, sustainable, secure and inclusive port operations.
Using the most advanced methodologies and techniques, including field trips and online platforms, the courses and seminars offer participants the opportunity to exchange best practices with top port officials and achieve an effective knowledge transfer.
Thanks to our partners we have been able to increase the number of scholarships by 469%; from 42 in 2013 to 239 scholarships given to port officers from 32 Member Countries last year, valued at over US $544,000. We welcome CIP Members, Associate Members, and Strategic Partners to apply to the scholarships and participate in the courses and seminars available.
CIP Awarded Scholarships
CIP Scholarship and Training Program Partners
Thanks to the support of the National Port Authority (APN) of Peru, and by invitation only, the National Port Authorities of the CIP’s 35 Member Countries have access to on-line courses on priority topics such as container terminal management, port infrastructure, and social responsibility of security, among others. The courses are designed for public port officers and are graciously offered on the APN’s virtual campus.
Past Online courses:
- Course on a Socially Responsible Approach, June 3 – July 5
- Course on Port Social Responsibility, April 16 - May 11
- Course on Port Infrastructure in collaboration with the National Port Authority (APN) of Peru, June 6 – July 6
- Course on Container Terminal Performance Indicators, November 12 – December 7