3rd Hemispheric Seminar on Port-City Relation, Social Responsibility and Gender Equality: Strengthening the Sustainable Integration of the Port Sector
November 10 & 11, 2022
Organized by the National Port Authority (APN) of Peru and the Secretariat of the Inter-American Committee on Ports (CIP) of the Organization of American States (OAS), the 3rd Hemispheric Seminar on Port-City Relation, Social Responsibility and Gender Equality: Strengthening the Sustainable Integration of the Port Sector provided an international platform for public-private port dialogue in which decision-makers from government, the private sector and civil society shared successful practices and strategic actions on social responsibility and gender equality.
Preliminary topics included:
- Strategies for integrated development through social responsibility in the maritime-port sector.
- Challenges of change in port cities
- Port employment and better working conditions from a gender perspective
- Advances for Women's Participation in the Maritime-Port Sector
- Port Legislation as a Key Tool for Port Social Responsibility
The Seminar also included a Port Roundtable, where representatives from various ports in the region shared successful cases of Port-City relation.
- To watch the first day of the Seminar, click here.
- To watch the second day of the Seminar, click here.
For more information, please contact Sabina Malnis, CIP Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org